Course ID: VIHIAV38
Instructors: Dr. Peter A. Kara and Prof. László Bokor
Official link: https://portal.vik.bme.hu/kepzes/targyak/VIHIAV38/en/
As written on the official link of the course, the goal of the lectures is to enable an in-depth understanding of the complexities of Quality of Experience (QoE), from the perspectives of both the users, the service providers, the device manufacturers and the content providers. By completing the course, the student shall be able to:
- approach the notion of QoE from an engineer's point of view,
- extract relevant information from the available standards and recommendations,
- employ existing objective measurement metrics,
- design novel objective measurement metrics,
- take cognitive bias into account during the configuration of experimental setups, and
- design and carry out QoE studies.
Although this course might appear rather theoretical at first glance of the synopsis, it is, in fact, quite practical and focuses a lot on hands-on research. During the semester, it is possible to carry out QoE experiments as the assignment, which, if done properly, can secure a grade offer at the end of the semester, eliminating the need for the exam. A grade offer can also be achieved by a large-scale comprehensive literature analysis. QoE studies may be accomplished in groups, the size of which depends on the complexity and scope of the work. Furthermore, ambitious projects are provided the support to be published in the most significant international scientific journals and conferences of QoE.
Should you have any question regarding the course, please do not hesitate to contact Dr. Peter A. Kara via firstname.lastname@example.org